I recently have the opportunity to collaborate with other students from the Media Studies program at the University of Guelph-Humber to produce a multi-media conference. This conference will consist of public relations students planning and organizing the actual conference; Digital Communication students in charge of apps, social networks, websites and video; journalism students producing the magazine and image arts students provide the lighting techniques and images. It is meant to be a collaborative project and in hopes that we will all work together.
So far, I have been given the role of Photo/Layout Staff. I am not sure what that means as of yet. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to meet with the journalism students and they have set their stories in motion. Some interesting topics were:
- Hipster Identity
- Behind the scene of Airport workers
- Fashion around the world
- Kid’s opinion of what they want their future to be
- Old technology
A Facebook group was also created to increase communication between everyone in all the streams.
I posted a blog about hipster inspired by yesterday’s meeting; produce a graphic photo to go with my article
Here is a list of all the things I thought about or do for a photography project. There is a myth that photographers just click a button. There is a lot of thinking and planning that goes on before the final image is produce.
Progress for my personal photography:
- Recently produce a photo for the Radix on sexuality.
Progress for my final show:
- Found my model
- Found my designer
- Finish my concept for the photo shoot
- Did a test shoot to visualize the poses that I want my model to do
- Research on past doll like fashion photography
- Think I might change my light background to dark instead
- Research on the screw I want to photo shop into my final image
- Was in walmart looking at frames for my 2 images for the school’s gallery show in case they don’t provide
- Designer have send in her dress to be made on 02/06/2013 should be done by next week.
- I am not sure I will have my final images done for the school gallery show in Feburary due to the timing of the dress making, but I have shoot another model with the same concept as my back up
I hope this helps anyone out there doing a creative project. Thinking and planning beforehand help catches you when you run into problems.