Do you want to be the most fashion forward person at prom? I am here to help you do that. Being fashion forward doesn’t mean you have to have the most expensive dress. It is all about how you style the dress to fit your personality, body shape and look.
- Determine your style:
Everyone has their own style. A way of dressing that feels the most you. Take a look at your closet. The pieces that you wear the most often are keys to uncover your style. Line up those pieces and try to use 3 key words that would link all those pieces together. For example, Girly, Lace and Floral / Dark, Graphic and edgy
- Find the most flattering Fit/Cut of the dress for your body shape: This step is super important. Crop top and a maxi skirt might be the trendy thing to do right now. However if you are wider in the mid section crop top might not be the most flattering cut for you. If you are a perfect hour glass then princess ball gown will hide your curves and will not be the most flattering cut for your body shape. Make sure you go into different store and try on different dress shapes so you can determine what is the best dress shape for your body.
- Pick a Flattering Color Scheme for your skintone: If you have a cool undertone (meaning your vains are blue or purple) then Jewel tone colours will look the best (Eg. pure white, black, royal blue and pink) If you have a warm undertone (meaning your vains are greenish/olive) then Earth tone will look better on you (Eg. Ivory, brown, orange and green).
- Accessorize: You don’t have to go over the top with accessories. Best rule to wearing accessory is to always take off 1 after you have finish with accessorizing. Most people tend to over accessorize. Another easy to follow rule is – Choose 2 our of 3 – Meaning if you go with a necklace then you can either go with a bracelet or a pair of earrings (Never bother). So out of the 3 being necklace, earrings or bracelet you can only wear 2
- Look up Inspiration: If you are still stuggling feel free to look up fashion magazine, fashion blogger or celebrity for inspirations to help you look the best on your prom.
- Remember be true to yourself and wear something comfortable, you don’t want to spend the whole prom night trying to keep a dress from falling down.Here are some examples of creative prom dresses that is fashion forward this year:
CROP TOP AND LONG SKIRT PROM DRESS
The crop top and long dresses are so in this year. Seen on many celebrity. You can mix match the colour like taylor swift did or match the colours like RiRi did. The best thing about wearing this to prom is that you can break up the crop top and skirt and wear it again.
BOHO LACE PROM DRESS
The bohemian style has made a major come-back this year. With store such as Free-people and anthropologie poping up. Wearing Boho style dresses to prom will make you stand out. Grab some flower crown or choker. light colour lace dress or fringe dress and a pair of boots. You are good to go.
I hope this post was helpful. Let me know by commenting down below.